MedGrocer Launches Donation Program for Medical Missions
September 30, 2015 — MedGrocer, the online pharmacy for trusted drugs delivered to customers’ doorsteps, today announced its donation program for supporting medical missions conducted by non-profit organizations. This is in line with the company’s advocacy to make quality medicines more accessible for Filipinos everywhere.
“We’re always on the lookout for ways to reach more people with MedGrocer, so when organizations approached us to sponsor their medical missions, we took the opportunity to explore how we can help,” said Deirdre Conde, marketing manager for MedGrocer.
Starting October, MedGrocer customers can support the Medical-Dental Mission organized by the University of the Philippines Psychology Society in partnership with the UP College of Medicine’s Mu Sigma Phi Sorority. The organizations aim to help at least 400 residents of Village East, Cainta, Rizal.
With the launch of two different ways to donate to the medical missions, MedGrocer pledged to match the amount that customers are willing to give to the partner organizations.
- Medicate + Donate: customers can order their own medicine from the online pharmacy using the promo code GIVETOUPPSYCH.
- MedGrocer matches the order’s value in medicine to donate to the medical mission.
- Example: for an order of Php500 worth of medicine purchased with the promo code, UP PsychSoc will receive an equivalent of Php500 worth of medicine for the medical mission.
- Double Your Donation: customers can donate denominations of Php250, Php500, and Php1000 directly to the medical mission organizers.
- MedGrocer matches the amount donated by customers, therefore doubling the total worth of medicine received by the organizers.